Major update iOS 12!
As was announced earlier, Apple released final version iOS 12.1. In iOS 12.1 added the ability to perform group video calls on FaceTime, adds support for “Depth” to iPhone XS, Max XS iPhone and iPhone XR, improved the function of “Screen time” and implemented numerous other changes. In addition, in iOS 12.1 improved performance and conducted the work on optimization of all Apple mobile devices. Read more about the innovations iOS 12.1 presented in this article.
The main innovation iOS 12.1 is the ability to perform group calls on FaceTime. On iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3 and iPad Air came with an option to group audio calling, and all newer iPhone and iPad models — video calls. In the group call can participate up to 32 people at a time. The interface of the function implemented in such a way that when a person begins to speak, a tile with a picture of him with a beautiful animation of leaves in the foreground.
In iOS 12.1 two important innovations for the new iPhone XS iPhone XS iPhone Max and XR. The latest smartphones, Apple has received the support of the function “Depth”, which was announced at the presentation on September 12. This feature allows you to change the depth of field effect on portrait photos after the fact. The ability to really useful — thanks to it, users will be able to create perfect shots with bokeh effect.Additionally, iOS 12.1 brought to the iPhone XS iPhone XS iPhone Max XR support eSIM — electronic SIM cards that are built right into the smartphone. However, in Russia at the moment eSIM banned at the legislative level, so the Russian users of the flagships of Apple, unfortunately, will not be able to use the second SIM card in their smartphones.In iOS 12.1 appeared 70 new emojis, implemented changes in “Screen time” and improvements in the Music app. In addition, it highlighted Apple iOS 12.1 is even faster and is the fastest version of the mobile operating system Apple. Improvements have been made in terms of battery life, but how effective they have been will only show the testing.The full official list of innovations iOS 12.1
In iOS 12.1 presents the group calls on FaceTime, added more than 70 new emojis and support for two SIM-cards (one of which eSIM) for iPhone XS iPhone XS iPhone Max and XR. This update also includes bug fixes and enhancements have been made.
Group FaceTime conversations
- Added support for audio and video calls with 32 participants simultaneously.
- To ensure the privacy of conversations use end-to-end encryption.
- Group FaceTime call, you can start directly from the group chat Messages, or joining an active call at any time.
- Added more than 70 new emojis, including people with red, gray, curly hair and without hair, as well as more expressive emoticons, emoticons that represent animals, sports and food.
Support for two SIM-cards
- Introduced support for two SIM-cards (one of which eSIM), which allows you to use two phone numbers on one device for the iPhone XS iPhone XS iPhone Max and XR.
Other improvements and bug fixes
- The feature “Depth” on the preview screen of the Camera for the iPhone XS iPhone XS iPhone Max and XR.
- Improved cellular service for the iPhone XS iPhone XS iPhone Max and XR.
- Added the ability to change or reset the passcode Screen time child using Face ID or Touch ID.
- Fixed bug in which the photo shoot with the front camera on the iPhone XS iPhone XS iPhone Max and XR, not always selected the most dramatic reference frame.
- Fixed an issue in which messages were combined into one topic, if you have two users logged with same Apple ID on multiple iPhones.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the display of some messages in the “Phone”.
- In the Phone app fixed an issue that could lead to displaying phone numbers without related contact names.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the inclusion of certain websites in the Activity report Screen time.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent adding family members to Family sharing or to remove them from this function.
- Added the function of performance management designed to prevent unexpected shutdown of the device, including the ability to disable this feature in case of an unexpected shutdown device on iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
- The option “battery Status” now informs user if it is not possible to confirm that the iPhone XS iPhone XS and XR Max iPhone use battery Apple.
- Reliability is improved VoiceOver in the Camera, Siri and Safari.
- Fixed a bug that could cause sending report error invalid profile “device enrollment MDM” some corporate users.
Install iOS 12.1 right now can users of all supported models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Upgrade installation is possible in the menu “Settings” → “Main” → “Update“.