Simultaneously with the first public beta version iOS 13 cupertinos released and other public test build. For example, macOS 10.15 Catalina. Now to try out the new desktop Apple platform, everyone can. However, while the first public beta is not very suitable for everyday use.
However, if some defects, periodically flying applications and some “thoughtfulness” of the system are not confused, then install macOS 10.15 Catalina Public beta 1 is easy enough.
The main thing you need to do before you install the public test build is to make a backup of your system via Time Machine. Without a backup to go back to macOS 10.14 will not work. Especially for owners of Mac with the chip T2.
How to create a backup in Time Machine
1. To connect an external hard drive to your Mac. Ideally, its volume must be equal to or greater than the drive on the Mac.
2. Open System preferences — Time Machine.
3. Click on the item to Choose the system disk.
4. In the opened window, select the external drive. If it is formatted in an unsuitable form, first it must be formatted.
5. After selecting the drive to backup, the utility will begin copying data.
Recall that macOS 10.15 Catalina is not compatible with all Apple computers. Install new OSes on:
• MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
• MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
• MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
• Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
• iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
• iMac Pro (2017)
• Mac Pro (Late 2013 and mid 2012).
How to install macOS 10.15 Catalina Public beta 1:
— Go to the official Apple website on a special page dedicated to the beta program for Apple operating systems.
— Click on the Register button and enter the details of your Apple ID.
— On the opened page choose the tab of macOS and download a special tool to install the public test build of macOS.
— On the Mac to open and install the downloaded utility.
— Go to System settings — software Update.
— Click on Update now.
If the Mac comes with macOS High Sierra or an older version of the system, the update macOS Catalina will be available in the Mac App Store.