According to research firm Sigmaintell, global shipments of smartphones with face scanners reached 103 million units in 2018. All thanks to Apple, writes Bloomberg.

The main supplier of smartphones with a scanner face will remain Apple. It is expected that the delivery of three iPhone with Face ID reach 91 million units by year-end, representing more than 88 percent of the total. The remaining 12% will be the producers of Android smartphones.

According to analysts, the best-selling Android smartphone with the scanner of the person will be Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition. Competition it will make the Oppo Find X, which was presented in June of this year.

At the end of the 2018 expected release of a new flagship Vivo, which will be equipped with facial recognition technology Time of Flight (TOF). According to the company, it is ten times more accurate than the Face ID.

As for Samsung, the Galaxy S8 and S9 have a function of facial recognition, but it works in 2D mode and it is easy to cheat. According to rumors, a more advanced system scanning the faces may appear in the Galaxy S10.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here